[ExI] Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sun May 6 06:13:59 UTC 2007

I always had some doubts on "transhumanism" as a marketing buzzword,
but I like "posthumanism" even less. The term implies a rejection of
our humanity and a desire to become something else.

What we want to become is clear to us: we want to remain more or less
ourselves but move to much better bodies and much smarter minds. But
for our opponents it is easy to construct "posthuman" as eliminating
tender and loving humans and replacing them with cold and heartless
machines.

If and when I will be a computational superintelligence roaming the
galactic web, I will still be a human in better shape and with some
more toys to play with.

G.