[ExI] We Need a Movie, People!! Dammit!

John Grigg desertpaths2003 at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 07:36:57 UTC 2007

Why do any of us have to write an original screenplay if we really don't feel up to it?  There are already so many great science fiction stories which I bet could be adapted to this cause (with permission of course).  Also remember that *DAMIEN BRODERICK* and *CHARLES STROSS* are among us, and so we have just the people we need to help get the ball rolling.

  Best wishes,

  John Grigg : )

  "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:
  A B wrote:
> Now personally, I pretty
> much SUCK at writing fiction, I'd probably be no
> better than average. But if *no-one* else, is
> interested, I'm going to *attempt* to start writing a
> free-of-charge screenplay. But without any help, the
> result could be pretty abysmal.

You're correct, it will suck. And I'm too slow a writer, I've tried.
You are essentially stuck until a writer comes along.

--
Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/