[ExI] Oz Big Dry

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun May 6 18:37:43 UTC 2007

On 5/6/07, Damien Broderick wrote:
> Yeah, such are the vagaries of climate. But
> having rain pissing down in the tropics and
> deserts of Oz doesn't automatically mean that
> "the breadbasket" is equally inundated, any more
> than copious rain in Mexico offers much relief to a drought in Canada.
>
> If your implication is that it's dodgy to link
> the recent unpleasantness with human-induced
> global warming rather than natural cycles, I agree, of course.

Who can tell?

I thought it was good news that some people think the climate cycle
might be changing to break the drought at last.

I was also amazed at the wildlife wonderland that Lake Eyre turns into.
Reminded me of the South Africa deserts that change overnight into a
glorious carpet of wild flowers after the rains arrive.

BillK