[ExI] Cold fusion: some new results.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon May 7 20:26:50 UTC 2007

Benjamin Goertzel

> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7168

They claim to have detected charged particles, if true (and it almost
certainly isn't true) that may be of some interest, but the smoking gun, if
you want to prove that cold fusion is real, is detecting neutrons. That is
the Holly Grail.

> Yet more evidence in favor of the reality of "cold fusion" ;-)

Unfortunately no, it's just more evidence that somebody knows how to type.
This "ACADEMIC PAPER" was printed in the "RESPECTED JOURNAL"
Naturwissenschaften. I don't know who respects them because I have never
heard of the rag and don't know anybody who has.

They say their results are "easily reproduced" so even those numbskull
idiotic brainless mainstream scientists can't long remain blind to this
wonderful development! If you really believe in what they say here is a way
to make a little extra money. I issue the following bet: If an article
favorable to cold fusion, not counting Muon-catalyzed cold fusion or sonic
induced cold fusion, appears in the top 3 physics journals on this planet,
Science or Nature or Physical Review Letters before May 7 2008 I will
send you $100, if it doesn't you will send me $10. So what do you say, will
you take my bet? For me to accept I need to know your real name and how
to contact you. So what do you say, Can you put your money where your
mouth is?

In case you're interested, Muon-catalyzed cold fusion is the real deal, it
exists, no question about it, but I have some doubt it will ever produce
useful amounts of energy. Sonic fusion is probably bullshit but I'm a
little less certain of that than the electrolysis crap

  John K Clark