[ExI] Psychology Today Article: The Boy Who Wants to Live Forever...

John Grigg desertpaths2003 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 11:14:34 UTC 2007

It's a fun article and I'm very glad Michael got such a cool write-up.  I just wish Ray Kurzweil and Aubrey de Grey had also been treated respectfully.

  From the Psychology Today article:
  Life extentionists, cryogenics enthusiasts, and longevity buffs have an image problem, thanks in large part to guys like the inventor Ray Kurzweil, who sucks down hundreds of supplements and drinks 10 cups of green tea every day with the conviction that it will prolong his life. Also not helping: geneticist Aubrey de Grey, the wild-looking, raggedy-bearded Oxford professor who proclaims that at least one person alive today may live to be 1,000 years old.

  Ray Kurzweil  You lose 1,000 PR points!

  Aubrey de Grey  You lose 2,000 PR points!

  You are both infected with "Media Scorn"

  Public image down 20 for each

  John : (

Michael Anissimov <michaelanissimov at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 5/8/07, nvitamore at austin.rr.com wrote:
> (Thanks Amara)
>
> Congratulations Michael. You are a hero!

Thanks Natasha!

Michael has defeated negative impression of H+ among Psychology Today readers!
You gain 645 PR points.
LEVEL UP! You are now Transhumanist Level 8.
Rolodex skill up 5
Media diplomacy up 7
Memetic infectiousness up 4
You learn Extropian Storm.