[ExI] I'll Drink to That!

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat May 12 21:18:16 UTC 2007

Olga points out

> http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55627

and five or so posters chimed in with her saying how ridiculous
the protests were.

Suddenly it became not-quite-so-clear  to me when I read
the part of the article where a critic suggested

# "Paleeze! Isn't it funny how every thing is considered hate
speech unless it's directed at the Christian God? Starbucks
should try putting a derogatory remark about the Muslims
[or] Allah and see what kind of response they get."

Ahem---now *clearly* Starbucks can *never* go the Salman
Rushdie route, and I could easily think of ten things---all of
them discussed here---that also could *never* go on a Starbucks
Cup.

Oh, oh!   I better be very very very very clear about what I am
saying.  I am *not* criticizing Starbucks at all!  And of course
I am not calling for any kind of censorship.  What I am doing
is calling attention to a facile double-standard, and asking those
who *do* have it all figured out   just what they themselves
would allow on their cups and what they would not.

Lee