[ExI] New land speed record set for sofas (92 mph)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu May 17 09:10:22 UTC 2007

Oh mamma mia! Now I want my futon to blaze tracks!

Tipped off by Boing Boing:

-----------------
Http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/16/new_land_speed_recor.html

New land speed record set for sofas (92 mph)

Daniel Terdiman, who soils his eyeballs with The Sun so you don't have
to, blogs,

"If you've ever spent any time on your sofa wishing that you could take
it wherever you wanted to go, you might want to talk to Marek Turowsk.

That's because on Sunday, Turowsk set a new world record for "fastest
furniture," according to The Sun, a British publication.

The Sun reported that Turowsk hit 92 miles an hour, breaking the
previous record of 87 miles an hour for high-speed couches, which was
set in 1998 by engineer Ed China."

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
INAF Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA