[ExI] how do they do that?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri May 18 05:49:22 UTC 2007

We have observed here that photographs can be faked in such a way that they
are not reliable evidence in a court case, but here is one that blew me
away.  It's a parody site of Frank Sinatra, singing about an event that
occurred three years after Old Blue Eyes expired.  My musician's ear tells
me that this is really Frank's voice, not someone trying to mimic him.  If
it is another performer he is the best Sinatra sound-alike I have ever heard
and then some.

Whoever made this couldn't have pieced together sound bytes from Sinatra's
other songs, for there are words used here I know for sure Frank never sang,
such as box cutters.

Please, this post is not about the *content* of the song.  The song is a
parody, a gag.  That subject has been debated to death.  I don't want to
discuss the content, but rather how did they make that song?  Animatronics?
And what are the implications, if someone can make anyone appear to say
anything?  Or is this the work of a very skilled imitator and highly
competent singer?  I don't think so, have a listen:

   http://www.animatronics.org/strangers/strangers.htm