[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Wed May 23 04:25:43 UTC 2007

>  In other words, the
> more intelligent any being is, the friendlier it will be.

What planet are you from, dude???

I am significantly less friendly than either of my pet bunnies, though far
more intelligent.

Hitler was far less friendly than my retarded ex-sister-in-law, who is one
of the
sweetest people I know... but Hitler was far more intelligent by any
measure...

I suppose what you must mean is: there is some threshold level X, so that

-- X is greater than human intelligence
-- if a being has intelligence greater than X, it will necessarily be
friendly

But what evidence do you have in favor of this assertion?  What rational
argument do you propose?  I am baffled...

-- Ben G