[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Thu May 24 04:27:14 UTC 2007

I’m having troubles keeping up with all this way overly verbose and
tangential dialogue on this issue.  I attempted to fully digest it all
as much as possible and I submitted a new topic in the canonizer along
with a new version of my position statement that attempts to address
some of the issues some of you brought up.

http://test.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=16&statement_num=1

We’ve covered much of this before and many of you indicated you’ve
posted your POV previously here and on other threads.  But what good was
all that?  Do you expect people to review these log files and try to
glean the most popular POV camps on this issue from that?  Let’s
canonize this.  Let’s concisely specify what we believe, so that rather
than going over and over all this stuff again and again we can finally
make some real progress.

Could some of you in different camps dig up some of your old posts, and
clean them up a bit, or whatever and propose it as a concise description
of your POV here (or post it to the Canonizer on this topic) so other
people can know it without having to attempt to digest all the notes
groups histories?

And remember, this is still just a prototype that a few of us are
working on in our spare time.  So don’t complain unless you are willing
to help out (and by doing so gain some hopefully very soon to be very
valuable ownership. See: http://test.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=4)