[ExI] Damien's latest book

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri May 25 01:02:24 UTC 2007

At 05:03 PM 5/24/2007 -0700, Gina wrote:

>You could keep me in mind for your next cover, nudge, nudge, wink,
>wink - I don't even use utensils

Gina, with a moderately heavy-duty press like Thunder's Mouth, let
alone Harper Collins, Tor, etc, the writer has sweet-fuck-all chance
of providing *any* input into cover design. (I know you were just
kidding, but it's one of the major irritations of the job.) With
small or PoD presses, I've had far better luck--such as the beautiful
Anders Sandberg artwork, selected by me and somewhat modified by
Anders from their original format just for the books, on three of my
things. A reminder of Anders' great art on *x, y, z, t*:
<http://www.amazon.com/X-Y-Dimensions-Science-Fiction/dp/080950927X>

and *Earth Is but a Star*:
<http://www.amazon.com/Earth-but-Star-Excursions-Through/dp/1876268549/>

Damien