[ExI] Indoor or Underground Lighting

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun May 27 21:19:46 UTC 2007

Suppose that I'm in a small cavern underground and that
I'm walking on a treadmill, so that I am not moving
relative to the walls of the cavern.

Does humanity at the present time have the ability to make
me think---at least when I'm looking down at my own
shadow---or to make it appear to me that I'm in natural
lighting, e.g., that there is something overhead that has
the same textures and frequencies of light, and that some
small part of an artificial sky has been well done?  (After
all, the simulation may be of me walking down an alley
in a big city.)

Thanks to anybody more knowledgable than I am on lighting
out there.

Lee