[ExI] Going beyond EP

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 23:21:54 UTC 2007

--- Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the end, the will to
> survive, or even the will to see the world survive,
> is just an axiom of EP,
> without any deeper justification.

This is precisely the line of reasoning that led me
and my fellows Ascensionists to conclude that the
world would benefit from a transhuman religion that
held the status of being alive as the most holy and
sacred gift imaginable. The only thing holier than a
human life is more than one human life.

Thus elevating survival and the love of life from an
axiom of EP to divine truth and sacred duty stripped
of all superfluous dogma. In this way the
counterproductive entropic aspects of EP can be
overcome, while giving hope for the continued
survival, thriving, and extropic optimization of
humanity. In the words of one of our enlightened
sisters Marie Tobias, "Life for the sake of life, in
the name of life, for the good
of life."

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"When an old man dies, an entire library is destroyed." - Ugandan proverb

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.