[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed May 30 04:53:47 UTC 2007

"A B" <austriaaugust at yahoo.com>

>John, as a sincere favor to all of us, will you please
 stop calling it "Slave AI"?

No.

> the Amygdala could be surgically  separated from the rest of a living
> human brain? Do you believe that the patient would instantly loose all
> intelligence?

As the amygdale also deals in things like breathing and heart rate I don't
thing the patient would be doing very many intelligent things.

Me:
>>according to the Singularity Institute's video the only reason this
>>godlike creation wants to live is so it can serve us!

>I don't recall anyone saying that in the video.

I do, Hugo de Garis said it.

> So what do you recommend we do, John? If the decision were up to you, how
> would you want to proceed?

Full speed ahead in making a AI, after all If we don't somebody else will,
just don't waste time with friendly part you'll just be spinning your
wheels. Flesh and blood human being as we now know them will be extinct in
less than a century anyway, but if we're very lucky the AI may let us evolve
into something better; if we make the first AI the odds of that happening
are a little bit better than if somebody else does. And if the AI decides to
kill us all at least we'll go out in style.

 John K Clark