[ExI] abandoning hope - the queuing experience

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Nov 2 14:34:07 UTC 2007

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com :
>Italian queues are just a tactful way to test your connectedness and
>creativity and slyness and Darwinian reflexes, so that due priority
>can be accorded to people exhibiting those traits. No self-respecting
>Italian would accept to wait in a queue unless and until all
>reasonable and unreasonable avoidance measures have been exhausted.
>:-)

This is one of those Latin versus Anglo things...

And obviously my connectedness to my Italian Social Network is is not as
deep and as widespread as a native-born Italian (if you could have
manufactured a pill that would allow me to be awake during my sleeping
hours between 2am and 7am to have time for this task) because my Italian
Working Network became very expensive (i.e.. more than my salary
allowed) and I needed to cultivate my connectedness to my NONItalian
Network to have _some_ resources to pay my rent and to save my science.
Capisci?

A repost...