[ExI] Mega/astro-scale engineering mailing list announcement

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 04:29:07 UTC 2007

The discussion topic is: "Astroscale/megascale engineering technical
discussion, i.e. Matrioshka/Jupiter/moon brains, Dyson spheres, laser
stars, etc."

This is somewhat of a study group, to calculate feasabilities and poke
fun at the vast imaginary structs, but news and other tidbits are OK.

I'll be posting my thoughts on "laser stars" in a few days-- it's one
particular application of the sun that could be used for signaling
across galaxies with incredibly focused light. But would it be enough?

Sidenote: on the confirmation email, click the link. The mail server is
acting up and the "reply to subscribe" feature is dead. I am new to
list administration.

- Bryan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megastructure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroengineering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megascale_engineering
http://www.orionsarm.com/tech/megascale_engineering.html

"I am not interested in things getting better; what I want is more: more
human beings, more dreams, more history, more consciousness, more
suffering, more joy, more disease, more agony, more rapture, more
evolution, more life."