[ExI] Abandon all services

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:37:03 UTC 2007

I must admit that in Amara's situation I would not have even thought
of writing letters to anyone. I would just have canceled the bank
account or credit card associated to the services to discontinue, and
left the country without leaving a forwarding address. The
"authorities" would have acted, if ever, 50 or 60 years later, which
is a problem only if our immortality aspirations come true.

Having left Italy 25 years ago I have gotten used to sad facts of life
like having to stop at traffic lights, and it does not bother me very
much anymore. But I remain a pass-on-red-when-it-is-safe in spirit and
think stupid regulations should be ignored. In some years, you will be
fined if you do not keep both hands on the wheel all the time. This is
just too much, and I think citizens should ignore laws that are
evidently stupid. It is the only way to force change.

I am the first to admit that my country has many problems. But there
is one thing that I am very proud of: we Italians have an instinctive
disrespect for authority, know in our hearts that 99% of politics is
just a make-money-fast scheme, and in general do not take bullshit
seriously. The world needs more of this. A unfortunate side effect is
that we don't really make big efforts at changing things.

G.