[ExI] robert pirsig's bike in zen and mm

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 11 19:48:14 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Jef Allbright
> Subject: Re: [ExI] robert pirsig's bike in zen and mm
>
> On 11/11/07, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>
> > I have been looking for a good original superhawk for years, one that I
can
> > restore and add the aftermarket white panniers (good luck in finding
> those)
> > so that I could attempt to ride it on a 40th anniversary retracing of
> > Pirsig's ZMM route next summer.
>
> I would love to make that trip, but only with a very small group, or
> the spirit would be entirely lost.
>
> - Jef

OK tell ya what Jef, find someone willing to ride the 1964* CB77 superhawk,
you can ride Pirsig's buddy John's 1967 model R60 beemer, I will ride the
cavalcade, and we three can ride across Montana and wax philosophical every
evening over beer.  But this time without going crazy at the end.  We would
need to get Damien, as he would be the ideal candidate to write it for us.

spike

*Apologies biker extropians: in an earlier post I accidentally said 1967
superhawk, but now I remembered that Pirsig's bike was actually a
(mechanically nearly identical) 1964 model brought to you by Mr. Soichiro
Honda (with an aftermarket handlebar) as can be seen by the shape of the
knee pads on the sides of the tank and the length of the front fender.