[ExI] Beowulf

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:01:54 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 11:27, giovanni santost wrote:
>   also will be cool if one day one could actually be aware what the
> different avatars feel and experience... a multiplication of
> consciousness....

I have put thought into this issue before. Basically my conclusion is
that we should not base our plans on being able to do full multifaceted
experiences from different nodes (many clones, for example, or rats
wired into your cyborgish net).

I have, as of yet, not come up with a way to do "brain synchronization"
of memories and experiences. Maybe we will one day start working on an
artificial corpus collasum, and maybe there can be some minimal
synchronization routines during sleep, but as far as I can tell, when
you have avatars/subminds/mindbots running around, if they die, a part
of you dies with them, just as if you had a stroke and lost the
function of a part of your brain. Except your total brain would be
much, much larger.

If anybody has some thoughts on brain synchronization, I would be very
interested in hearing the ideas.

- Bryan