[ExI] Beowulf

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu Nov 22 05:45:48 UTC 2007

At 08:53 PM 11/21/2007, spike wrote:

snip

>I find Keith's approach to evolutionary psychology very encouraging; I hope
>it works.  If that approach is correct, then war among humans can eventually
>be ended via good old reliable materialism.  Peace thru more and better
>stuff.

It's not that simple. Given the environment that shaped our mental
mechanisms, chances are we respond to future prospects. Good
prospects, no war, bad ones, xenophobic war memes build up.

So no matter how much stuff we have, any prospects of less stuff next
year will set off the mechanisms leading to wars.

Keith