[ExI] Beowulf

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 24 06:03:48 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
> > ... Saudi woman who was
> > sentenced to 100 lashes for the crime of being raped?  Then when she
> > appealed the absurd sentence, they doubled it to 200?
>
> Awful as that is why is it our business to deal with such at all?  Do
> we believe that homogenous norms should be enforced worldwide by
> strength of arms were other means fail?  If so then we can look
> forward to unending war, much terrorism and depleted economic prospects.
>

> - samantha

Ja, I see your concern but of course evil triumphs when good people do you
know what.

http://www.reuters.com/article/gc05/idUSL2362541420071123

Can we really say we shouldn't be helping the Iraqis beat this plague?  All
cultures are not fundamentally equivalent.  It is our business because we
are good people.  Al qaeda is evil.