[ExI] Party scheduling

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Wed Oct 3 19:55:31 UTC 2007

My next party is upcoming, and I want to set tentative dates for
2008. If you are a potential or likely attendee, please let me know
which alternative dates work better for you. The actual dates are
chosen to best accommodate folks, particularly someone who's rarely
in the Boston vicinity. This coming party will probably be scheduled
around Joe and Gay Haldeman's availability, since they're only around
in the fall.

Parties are at my house in southern New Hampshire, on a Saturday,
from around 2 pm on. Some people have other commitments and arrive
late. We've traditionally gotten a massive Chinese take-out order;
last time we went out to the excellent Korean sushi restaurant down
the road. Most people leave around 9 or 10; there tends to be a few
staying to 1 am or so.

Attendees are all smart, with a broad range of interests and an open
mind. About half I know from our shared spheres -- extropian,
cryonics, libertarian, sf, space advocacy, AI, nanotech, etc. The
rest are friends from other circles all of whom can hold their own in
conversation.

There's usually a ride available for someone car-less, and we've had
groups drive up from places like NYC.

In planning when to hold the parties, I look at predictable conflicts
that I know I or regulars would have -- e.g., holidays, conferences,
conventions. This led to these candidates: