[ExI] [wta-talk] Fwd: The FP e-Alert: Why Climate Change Can't Be Stopped

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:49:02 UTC 2007

On 10/3/07, Sergio M.L. Tarrero <sergio.ml.tarrero at mac.com> wrote:

>  Some of you might find some of these articles (my own selection from FP's last e-Alert) interesting...
>
> WHY CLIMATE CHANGE CAN'T BE STOPPED
> By Paul J. Saunders and Vaughan TurekianEnvironmental advocates have finally managed to put the issue of global warming at the top of the world's agenda. But the scientific, economic, and political realities may mean that their efforts are too little, too late.

Mmhhh. "Too little, too late" in connection to what? If there were,
say, a a global consensus on a 100% chance of life extinction on the
planet Earth in two-years' time depending on anthropic emissions of
greenhouse gases, does one really believe that the "scientific,
economic and political realities" would prevent us to do anything
about it? I suspect that most people would kill on sight anybody
suspected of such emissions, in spite of any conceivable inertia.

The real issue is the break-even point between the expected costs of
GW vs. the expected costs of forced gas emission reductions vs. the
costs and collateral effects of possible alternative measures.

Stefano Vaj