[ExI] Fascist America in 10 Easy Steps

Spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 6 05:09:07 UTC 2007

The paper uses enthalpy of reaction of jet fuel in air to calculate a flame
temperature of about 650C, but this is an adiabatic flame temperature
assuming the reactants start at about room temperature.  The fire started at
that temperature of course, but as the fire continued, the reactants
continued to heat before igniting.  So if the reactants start hotter than
room temperature, the products end up at higher than 650C.  This alone is
all that is needed to explain the molten metal in the basement after
collapse, and also to explain why the buildings did not collapse immediately
but rather only after the fire had burned for some time.

A similar effect was seen in the fire that caused the bridge collapse in
Oakland after a fuel truck crashed and ignited.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/29/BAGVOPHQU46.DTL

I expected that event to put an end to the truther movement, but they appear
to be making a comeback.  Perhaps they will theorize that the bridge was
rigged with explosives?

Recall that the ancients managed to make molten iron by alternating layers
of ore and charcoal, long before modern techniques using electric resistance
to heat the ore.  Clearly this is a hydrocarbon fire, but still it gets hot
enough to melt iron.  Perhaps we should ask Dr. Steven E. Jones (no
relation) if he believes the ancient ironsmiths used the thermite reaction.