[ExI] New Wendy's Add?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 21:28:57 UTC 2007

Extropians,

My entire life, I've always enjoyed the lemmings all jumping off a cliff
type ideas in our culture.

The most recent great example I've seen is Wendy's new advertisement
which can bee seen here:

http://usatoday.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr_story=aa6b272e936328725aefe9438047471199722917

My feeling that everyone is jumping in the grave, when something so much
more could be done, is surely the reason for enjoying all these so much.

How many of you have real problems going to the funerals of loved ones,
where they bury people to rot in the grave, while having these types of
images going through your head?  I always wish I could just screeeem!

Have any of you ever considered the idea of doing something like wearing
a black suit, along with a bright pink braided hair set like this guy in
this commercial, to a funeral, like I have?

Wouldn't it be great if there was some well recognized, something like
this, we could all do in such cases?  Maybe even something a bit less
loud than pink hair braids, but still recognizable?  Or must we continue
to just watch all this insanity in silence?

Anyway, funerals are always hard for me.  How many of you have the same
problem?  And how many of you try to think of schemes that might be a
little more socially acceptable than running around screaming and
slapping everyone at a funeral trying to shake them out of their
primitive insanity?

Brent Allsop