[ExI] Damage Due to Religion ?

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Oct 7 03:03:20 UTC 2007

At 02:09 PM 10/6/2007, you wrote:
>On 10/6/07, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> > BTW, the model is either so obvious that people won't comment about
> > it or so hard to understand that they won't.  I can't tell which from
> > near zero responses.
>
>It could also be that people don't like to think of themselves as
>bound by primitive desires over which they have little control even
>when they're aware.  I admit that EP makes a great deal of sense, even
>if I don't like the conclusions I'm forced to by it.

I don't often like the conclusion either.  But if you don't
understand your "primitive desires" you are going to be far more
"bound" to them than if you don't.

The EP/memes/war connection explains a lot, for example why Europe
has not had a major war in the last 60 years and why the IRA went out
of business.  It tells you what won't work and what probably would
work with the current Islamic mess.

Keith