[ExI] Explaining Unusual Beliefs

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sun Oct 7 17:39:47 UTC 2007

On 10/7/07, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> Re-send due to offlist requests from a few people saying that the
> earlier post was garbled.
>
> I dunno, it looks okay to me here in gmail and in the Exi archives at
> <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2007-October/037951.html>.
>
> Could it be something to do with certain email clients and utf-8 encoding?

It turns out that each person experiencing a problem is using Eudora.
See the following URI for an explanation and a possible fix for
Eudora's non-compliant rendering of standard utf-8 text.

The symptoms were apparently triggered by my use of the i diaeresis in
"naive" rather than the "naive" spelling of "naive".

<http://www.windharp.de/software/utf8iso.htm>

- Jef