[ExI] Fwd: New Article

Henrique Moraes Machado (oplnk) hemm at openlink.com.br
Mon Oct 8 13:24:15 UTC 2007

Important theme. However I strongly disagree with Mr Harris in one thing.
Basically he's saying to atheists in general to get in the closet. I don't
think we should lie or hide anything. We should state clearly our position.
To prove my point, let me suggest an exercise. Suppose you're a gay activist
fighting for the rights of homossexuals. Now take Sam's text and replace the
words "atheist", "humanist", "secularist" etc by "gay", "homosexual", etc.
How would you feel about his speech now?
Let's NOT get in the closet.