[ExI] Cloning / Growing Human Organs for Transplanting

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:23:42 UTC 2007

Natasha,

I went off to search ScienceDirect, SpringerLink, and whatever else
Google has picked up in the last two or three years on this research
(but not yet Scholar). There's a surprisingly large lack of organ
cloning research going on.

However, I do have some links on cloning topics in general, perhaps some
cross-references over on PubMed Central can help track things down:

How to clone a human v1.1
http://www.biofact.com/cloning/human.html

"References salient to SCNT"
http://home.cfl.rr.com/chaosdriven/references.html

Human cloning handbook
http://home.cfl.rr.com/chaosdriven/hch.html

Growing new organs (2000)
http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/cellbiol/2000-February/012238.html

Nature's blueprints to growing organs (2002)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2002-01-23-cover-organs.htm

Successful lab-grown bladder transplant (2006)
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/04/1455259
http://www.physorg.com/news63362878.html

Lab grown skin? (questionable) (1999)
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/10/06/0740209

And I remember finding this weird website one day:
http://babytron.com/

- Bryan