[ExI] Progressives

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Oct 12 01:27:19 UTC 2007

I just happened to email Jeff on this same subject, but Richard has
now raised my query explicitly.

> Please be careful about using words like "progressives" in discussing
> this matter, lest you fall prey to the kind of carelessness you are
> targetting.
>
> "Progressives" do not give credence to the conspiracy theories any more
> than you do, and my understanding is that Samantha is not coming from a
> "progressive" POV at all.
>
> The vast majority of progressives believe that....

Are most of the people I used to rail against as (American) "liberals" now
calling themselves "progressives"?

For those who are, is there much consciousness, do you think, of a link
with the historical Progressive Movement of 1890 - 1920?  (See the wikipedia
article.)

The very psychology of changing labels---if not orientations---is very interesting
and reflects something about our thought processes (or at least about the thought
processes of some of us).

Lee