[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:12:38 UTC 2007

> I don't have one yet -- I'm first exhausting all other easy-ROI options,
> such as lighting, wood/coal oven, insulation, power saving. I'm planning a pilot
> in a couple of years to run the computers and the LED lighting off
> it.

LED's have made incredible leaps in the past year or two, going from
an efficiency of around 40 lumens/watt to 100 lumens/watt or more for
devices that can be readily bought for just a few dollars. When you
see a flashlight not much bigger than your thumb using one of these
things light up a room brighter than a clunky 3D Maglight it is clear
that the days of the incandescent lamp are numbered.

Stathis Papaioannou