[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Oct 16 18:55:01 UTC 2007

What of the possibility of autonomous and tele-operated robotic mining
of near-earth asteroids and space manufacture of some of the larger
solar sat components?  If possible it would help avoid having to drag
so much out of the gravity well.   Not to mention that extraction of
bullion (!), metals and combustibles is space could generally greatly
enhance space opportunities.    I heard about such things ages ago but
haven't seen a lot since.

- samantha