[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:36:18 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 01:58, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:47:50PM +0200, Dagon Gmail wrote:
> > me a nauseous feeling. My gut is telling me things are going
> > all wrong.
>
> Then go into engineering, or start a business, and make it happen.
> I'm serious. If you don't yet know what do with your life, that's
> an interesting and lucrative niche. Before very long, it will
> become a mature industry, and entry threshold will have become
> too high for small new players.

Better yet, to get the space-industry you (Dagon) want, try also helping
out the open source rocketry scene. At the moment it is quite limited:

http://opensourcespacecraft.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.developspace.net/wiki/Main_Page

Akin's laws of spacecraft design:
http://spacecraft.ssl.umd.edu/old_site/academics/akins_laws.html

Our friends at Artemis (join the mailing list):
http://www.asi.org/adb/04/02/

Some spacecraft design references:
http://spacecraft.ssl.umd.edu/design_lib/design_lib.html

Note URL:
http://www.hellsgeriatrics.co.uk/diy-spacecraft.htm
http://spacecraft.sourceforge.net/

Spacecraft design archives:
http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~cdhall/Space/archives/cat_design.html

My favorite spacecraft design bibliography:
http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/archive/general/bib.html

http://spacelist.org/design.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacecraft_design
http://spacecraft.ssl.umd.edu/old_site/design_lib/SC_design_library.html