[ExI] Internet based political party in Australia

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 06:16:33 UTC 2007

I am very seriously considering voting for these people in our
upcoming elections:

http://www.senatoronline.org.au/

>From the site:
-----------
Senator On-Line is Australia's only Internet based democratic political party.

Senator On-Line is not aligned to any other political party… it is
neither Liberal nor Labor.

Senator On-Line ('SOL') is a truly democratic party which will allow
everyone on the Australian Electoral roll who has access to the
internet to vote on every Bill put to Parliament and have its Senators
vote in accordance with a clear majority view.

We will be running candidates for the upcoming federal Upper House
(Senate) elections.

When a SOL senator is elected a web site will be developed which will provide:

- Accurate information and balanced argument on each Bill and important issues
- The vast majority of those registered on the Australian Electoral
roll the chance to have their say by voting on bills and issues facing
our country
- A tally of all votes which will then count in Parliament
- Each person on the Australian Electoral roll will be entitled to one
vote and only be allowed to vote once on each bill or issue.

SOL senators will have committed in writing to voting in line with the
clear majority view of the SOL on-line voters.

Senator On-Line will enable broader community involvement in the
political process and the shaping of our country.

Related news:

Online Party Hopes to Click with Voters
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/online-party-hopes-to-click-with-voters/2007/10/18/1192300920221.html?page=2

--