[ExI] kasparov on colbert

Spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 20 04:49:44 UTC 2007

Hey check this out and watch the video:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4191

I have been a Kasparov watcher for over 25 years now.  I know of his
brilliance over the board, but in this interview I am just now recognizing
his tremendous potential as a Russian president.  Assuming he survives.

I am amused at how Kasparov Colberts Colbert.  So many of the subtle gags go
right over Colbert's head and apparently over the heads of the audience.
There is one double entendre I should explain: Kasparov's reference to
shredder.  Shredder is a champion chess program, so it has the double
meaning that any vote against Putin is shredded.

I will buy and read Kasparov's book, but I will not move to Russia just to
vote for him.