[ExI] abandoning hope

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:59:55 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Spike wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Amara Graps
> > Subject: [ExI] abandoning hope
> >
> > ... If I were to write a book on my last years, I would
> > title it: "My Life in a Queue"...
>
> Woohoo!  I totally second that motion.  I would buy the hell outta that book
> forthwith, then send it to the author for an autograph.  Sounds like you
> have most of it already written:

I sure I've heard somewhere that back in wartime UK and after, when
much was still rationed, if people saw a queue they would join it
automatically because they knew there must be something worth having
at the front of the queue.

The art of queuing is gradually breaking down in the UK as society is
becoming more anarchic with many foreign people and youngsters brought
up in an 'anything goes' environment.

BillK