[ExI] I Want Your Pictures :)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Sep 5 03:57:53 UTC 2007

Hi Olga,

Good idea.  here is mine - I'm a transhumanist who respects the
concept of extropy as imperative to our future well being.

At 09:34 PM 9/4/2007, you wrote:
>Hello Transhumanists and Extropians:
>
>Yesterday - on a lark - I set up this new FLICKR account because I wanted
>something like this to refer to at times, and I thought it could be fun and
>educational.  I noticed there was nothing like it on FLICKR (I was searching
>for something like this - before the idea came to me to start one up
>myself).
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/12628996@N03/
>
>My request of *any of you who may wish to have your picture with a little
>blurb or quote underneath your picture* (it doesn't have to be a head shot
>necessarily - more casual pictures will do nicely) is this:
>
>Please email me (fauxever at sprynet.com) a jpg picture of yourself with
>
>1) either something about yourself (with your URL if you want to have that
>published, as well); or
>
>2) an original quote from you (something that you've written before, or make
>one up especially for this ... right now!).
>
>Should you do this now and then decide you would like me to delete your
>picture at any time in the future - it's easy enough for me to do, and I
>will honor your request pronto.
>
>Remember, this account is a little over 24 hours old.  I've only just begun
>
>I would LOVE to see what some of y'all look like - and I hope to hear from
>some of you!
>
>All best,
>Olga

>9/3/2007 9:31 AM

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate, <http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Planetary
<http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Collegium
Situated in the Faculty of Technology, School of Computing,
Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, England
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller