[ExI] pensions

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Sep 6 07:14:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 11:53:23PM -0500, Brian Atkins wrote:

> Also if as expected in the future the ratio of retirees to workers increases,
> and/or the government has trouble coming up with $2 trillion to pay back the
> IOUs, then this whole ponzi-esque scheme runs into problems.

That fraud is not particular to the U.S., though. Elsewhere it bites
even more, though, since the social security pays a lot more, and
we're taxed heavily to finance that. This prevents the currently
working generation to build up any savings, so predictably they
will be screwed, when they attempt to retire.

What is interesting, that we know by name the criminals responsible,
yet they are never even identified as such, nevermind persecuted.