[ExI] belgium doesn't like them either

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:16:58 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 06:44 PM 9/4/2007 -0700, spike wrote:
> >Perhaps Keith should have gone to Belgium instead of Canada:
> >
> ><http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295693,00.html>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295693,00.html
>
> "The church, founded in 1954, counts actors Tom Cruise and John
> Travolta among its 10 million members."
>
> I wonder how many members they really have? 20 or 30 thousand worldwide?

All the credible numbers are well below 100k active, down from perhaps
twice that at peak. If you count as a member everyone who ever paid
for a course, the number is a lot higher. If you count as a member
anyone who ever, e.g., had dealings with Narconon or who knows
something like the "Integrity Tone Scale", the number is probably
significantly larger still.

--
         Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m
         "I'm going to get over this some time. Might as well be now."