[ExI] reconnect

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Sep 8 06:07:59 UTC 2007

At 01:20 PM 9/7/2007, Eliezer wrote:
>hkhenson wrote:
> > Serious disk failure while in jail, trying to revive mail.
>
>I'm very glad to hear you're still alive.

You may not be when you find out how much I have changed.

The difference between the people on the inside of the cells and the
guards is not worth talking about.  There are damn few of them,
though not zero, on either side who you would want to have lunch
with, though in my opinion more of them are locked up than are guards.

It was a humbling experience in another way.  I was not the only
political prisoner in that jail and not even the worst case of injustice.

I figure the various levels of government in two states spent at
least $70,000 to get me there and keep me locked up for the last four
months.  For they got a method to make plutonium 239 that I had kept
silent about for ten years released.  It should make a better grade
(less Pu 240) than any a government made since the 1940s.

And more fun yet, I am making public a method to reduce the cost and
difficulty of using this stuff to the point a well funded street gang
could make their own.  It's simple, put a pit with a sphere of
uniform explosive around it at once foci of an ellipsoidal reflector
and a few pound of flash powder at the other.  (String them on
monofilament nylon to keep them in the right places.)  Pop the flash
and the light will detonate the entire surface all at once at the
other foci.  The makers avoid all the complicated electronics,
krytrons, and hydrocode design problems.

Figured this one out while locked in a shower by the guards for over an hour.

Was working on a way (space elevators) to get the world out of bleak
future mode, but probably will not go back to working on that.  The
other way to deal with the world's problems is gigadeath.  Not going
to oppose that, writing a novel instead where the president makes a
decision so awful that he takes a drug to wipe out his last 12 hours
of memory.  Kind of ultimate denial.

If someone wants to create an unfriendly AI, that's ok too.  The vast
majority of people are not worth saving.

Keith Henson