[ExI] reconnect

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:52:35 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> In short the model proposes evolved psychological mechanisms that
> turn up the gain on the circulation of xenophobic memes when a
> population group foresees a bleak future.  The xenophobic memes (very
> often of the religious meme class) serve to synch a group's warriors
> for an attack on neighbors.  The model makes a number of predictions
> about where wars are likely to happen and what side will start
> them.  It accounts for situations from the dying out of the IRA to
> the intractable problems in the middle east.

where does the Singularity fall in the EP ratings for xenophobic memes?  Are
the singularitarians a type of intellectual warrior preparing for an
exponentially fast approaching Great Unknown which lesser mortals are unable
to see?

Keith, I didn't comment earlier on your proclaimation to reverse your
karma:  Perhaps when you feel you have done an equal measure to oppose your
humanitarian ideals of youth, you can go in another direction and simply
plot a course to suit yourself.  That may not sound very extropian, I know.
I think I am suggesting something more Objectivist.  Rather than working for
or against the system, leave it to its own crapulence and work for
yourself.  I'm not saying you'll launch your own space elevator, but it'd be
really sweet if you did.