[ExI] Will the Singularity take an unexpected path?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Sep 13 06:06:22 UTC 2007

BillK wrote:

> This is a form of human augmentation that I haven't heard before.
> More like augmenting the environment around humans, so that the matter
> around us is gradually becoming intelligent.  Quite a thought.
> Hmmmmm.

Pretty much a logical and interesting mix of Ubiquitous Computing,
Context-Aware computing, Reactive Programming and Agent systems meshed
with narrow AI.  It remains to be seen if this results in substantially
greater than current human intelligence being brought to bear widely
enough to result in Singularity.

- samantha