[ExI] Third SENS Conference at Cambridge a Success!

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 18:32:43 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I would like to congratulate Aubrey de Grey and his team at Cambridge
for an enormously successful conference.

I was amazed at the quality of speakers, the level of confidence and
repoire all speakers had with one another, the depth of discussions
and overall stirring conference.

Audrey's presentation was superb.  As with the Singularity Conference
(they were on the same weekend), Ray Kurzweil's talk was
virtual.  But it didn't deter the quality and excitement of his
speech. Michael Rose was amazing as well - with a wry wit and in step
with what is going on in anti-aging. Chris Phoenix, and Bernard
Siegel, and Anders Sandberg were outstanding as
well.  http://www.sens.org/sens3/program.htm

I will be putting my talk online this weekend if anyone cares to read/see
it.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate, <http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Planetary
<http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Collegium
Situated in the Faculty of Technology, School of Computing,
Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, England
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller