[ExI] singularity summit on foxnews

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:28:21 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at comcast.net> wrote:
> As a lessor issue, it is still of my opinion that you are making a big
> mistake with what I believe to be mistaken and irrational fear mongering
> about "unfriendly AI" that is hurting the Transhumanist, and the strong
> AI movement.

I still have to read something clearly stating to whom exactly an
"unfriendly AI" would be unfriendly and why - but above all why you or
I should care, especially if we were to be (physically?) dead anyway
before the coming of such an AI.

It is not that I think that those questions are unanswerable or that
it would be impossible to find arguments to this effect, I simply
think they should be made explicit and opened to debate.

Stefano Vaj