[ExI] People of Faith, not

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 21:20:55 UTC 2007

I was musing here a while back about the need for a good term to
place in contrast with the sanctimonious "People of Faith"--which
cashed out, of course, as "people who believe things on the basis of
insufficient or no evidence" or "people of gullibility." It's
disappointing that the atheists among our number can't use "People of
Athe" or "People of aith" because the link with the root word isn't
instantly obvious. "People of evidenth" is too cute by half. Ah well.

But it does suggest that adherents of the vile godless sexual
aberration might choose to become known proudly as "People of Gayth."

Damien Broderick