[ExI] In Europe and U.S., Nonbelievers Are Increasingly Vocal

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:51:04 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Michael M. Butler <mmbutler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/20/07, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On 9/20/07, Michael M. Butler <mmbutler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This is a good question, but one that can be formulated in broader
> > > terms
> >
> > In other words, one that you decline to answer. Very well.
>
> I believe I answered it, namely stating that, no, I do not accept that
> the investigation of truth should be forbidden whenever it would
> allegedly be best to do so. Which is the part that you do not
> understand?

I do not understand the above to be directly responsive to any of the
questions I posed, the crux one being:

> In other words, is this an absolute, deontological value for you: "No
> one should believe in God (/religion), no matter what; no exceptions"?

Since there seems to be a problem with commuincation, let me ask my
question a different way:

- Suppose you could push a button and instantaneously cause everyone
on Earth to not be a monotheist.

- Is there any sheaf of risk likelihoods that would keep you from
pushing that button?

I'm not asking for paragraphs, I'm asking for a response of yes, no or "mu".

You are free to not oblige.

Cheerio,

         Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m
         "I'm going to get over this some time. Might as well be now."