[ExI] Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Sep 29 02:51:13 UTC 2007

At 10:56 AM 9/28/2007 -0500, Natasha wrote in response to Emlyn and
PJ on Naomi Wolf's recent essay [ http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/51150/ ]:

>Naomi Wolf, in my opinion, built a persuasive thesis but I did not
>go for it.  I would have preferred she write about how elements of a
>hip-hop/gangster-rap subculture manipulate women into becoming sex
>slaves.  The idea of beauty and women wanting to be beautiful
>reaches far beyond the corner that Wolf paints it into.

Natasha, this is a very, very, very, very strange response to the
Wolf essay on an alleged furtive preparation by powerful elements
intent on fascist domination of the USA.

>I for one have always honored women who strive to be beautiful and
>groom themselves to look their best.

It's true that personal grooming has much to recommend it when one is
faced with a turn to fascism.

Damien Broderick