[ExI] Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Sep 29 15:54:44 UTC 2007

At 12:34 AM 9/27/2007, Emlyn wrote:

>This isn't new, but it is interesting, I thought some people mightn't
>have seen it. It'll read as pretty strongly partisan, so get past that
>if you can. Do you think things are really as bad as she describes?

I think The End of America (Wolf 2007) is playing off The End of
History (Fukuyama 2006).  I also think that Wolf is running in a pack
with others (Moore (Sicko), Gore (An Inconvenient Truth) who are
marketing their ideas by emphasizing big implications.

Here is the issue:  Are American's critically minded enough to
discern accuracy from hedging?  If "we" are foolish enough not to
know that America has become a fascist country, then are "we" not
foolish enough to be fooled into believing anything that gets promoted?

Natasha