[ExI] The Bee Problem

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Apr 1 16:32:18 UTC 2008

>...On Behalf Of Amara Graps
> Subject: [ExI] The Bee Problem
>
> Dear Spike,
>
> A friend of mine returned from Arizona carrying a large jar
> of local honey; she told me that there was no decline in the
> bees in Arizona...

Thanks Amara!  Good.  A Texan friend contacted me recently and said the bees
are healthy there too.  The locals here in Taxifornia have been hit hard, as
have the Oregonians.  I have a beekeeper friend in Washington state, but
haven't heard back from him...

> Google Maps might help:
>
> http://backreaction.blogspot.com/2000/02/astronomical-observat
> ories-on-google.html
> ... Amara

Thanks, cool.  Amara, do you want to be in the offlist bee group?  You can
be our queen.  {8-]  No forget that, we would be overwhelmed by yahoos
applying to be drones.  {8^D

There are two things I am studying with this exercise.  One is the bees, the
other is how information flows in the internet age.  That is *fundamentally
different* now than it was in our misspent youth, ja?  The internet provides
a tool that changes everything.  I see it as something that will play a
major role over the next two to five decades in the coming transition in
energy sources.