[ExI] EP and Peak oil.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Apr 3 17:38:24 UTC 2008

"Keith Henson" <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>

> 2 trillion is on a par with the Iraq war.  It's got to be a better
investment than that.

Yea but so is digging holes and then filling them up again.

>There is a lot of uranium considering how heavy it is, but it's
> rarely concentrated.

If we run out of uranium you can always switch to Thorium, you can make
reactors (and bombs) with that too and it's much more common than uranium,
about as common as lead in fact. Or you could make breeder rectors and use
plutonium, but that scares the hell out of me.

> The current choices are space elevator, lasers and rockets in
> order both  of decreasing efficiency and risk.

If you had a space elevator then power satellites would certainly make
sense because you'd have a much better way to get that energy down to earth
and could forget about those stupid microwaves that were always the
weak link in the idea.

 John K Clark